History - The Manse
Although the first resident Minister was appointed in 1864 it was not until some twenty four years later that an actual residence, or Manse, was provided by the Chapel. This comprised a smallish property on the Manchester Road.
In 1909 this was exchanged for a nearby, larger, house (No 53) along the same road, and then in 1931 the Manse transferred to 31, St. John's Road.
In 1960 this was sold in preference for 12, St John's Road, the latter being bought for £2000. Within ten years this too was sold and 22 Glebelands Road acquired. This property was then extended in the early 1990s (an office) and 2000 (a fourth bedroom).